Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Glue pen embossing: I can't resist!

Another glue pen embossing card. :0) I can't stop! There are so many gorgeous patterns that I'm going to run out of glue pens in no time.

Supplies to make it:

Textile Pattern (find patterns here, instructions for how to alter & print it here)
Patterned paper cut to fit printer (I used 7gypsies Paperie "Quadrant tablet" 12x12)

Glue pen embossing supplies:

Sakura Quickie Glue pen
Embossing Powder (I used black)
Heatgun
Tutorial here

Other supplies:
To paint flower pattern: Black & River Rock ink wash; To make punched flowers: boho punch (S.U.) & hodgepodge brads; Cardstock: Basic Gray, Black. "Happy Birthday" sentiment: Birthday Whimsy (S.U. saleabration 2008 set); Other accessories: Eyelets "making memories, black hemp S.U. Black poly grosgrain ribbon (got it at a fabric store) :0)


Thanks for taking time out of your day, :0)

11 comments:

Gwen said...

This is so beautifyl Mel! Love it!

Kim Etherington said...

Wow, too cool of a card! I tried my glue pen for the girls easter cards..very cool! Can't wait for stamp club next week after seeing something inspiring. I'm still bombing here at home!

Carolyn King said...

wow..beautiful! Love the glue embossing and those little tags. Wonderful card!

Michele Kovack said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

This is a definite try.
ty so much for sharing Mel.
Great technique.

Becky G said...

Mel, this is gorgeous! I'm gonna have to try this as soon as I get a glue pen! Thanks for all the links too!

Primitive Seasons said...

Gorgioso!

Mary P. www.primitiveseasons.blogspot.com

Cathrine StClair said...

Very clever - I like the technique.

Just wanted you to know I tagged you. Please don't feel the least obligated to keep the tag going if you do not wish to. But if you feel like playing along - that's great too. http://cathystclair.blogspot.com/2008/03/oh-tagged-im-it.html

ScrapMomOf2 said...

This is gorgeous! Your creations are ALWAYS amazing! WOW!!

Anonymous said...

I love your use of black on this card. tend to shy from using black, but cards I have seen using it come out os nice!! I really ahve to train my eyes to like the look IRL, while choosing out my colors. Thank for the new inspirations!!!

Corie said...

Oh my this is GORGEOUS!!